Thursday, February 28, 2013

Newsflash: Spring/Summer Marfy Patterns Announced

The latest collection of Marfy patterns has been released, with lots of floaty pretty dresses perfect for spring.  I have never sewn with a Marfy pattern (I can't even bring myself to get over the cost and buy one, especially with the lack of instructions and multi-sizing), but I have seen them used with lovely results, so I thought the latest collection was worth a mention.

F3153 - I love the contrast of the black lace top over the sleek white dress.
I might have to try to re-create this look using one of the patterns I already own...

F3127 - The draped shoulder is so elegant on this dress...

F3062 - The shoulder seam details are really interesting on this dress.
I could also see this being great for color blocking.

F3168 - Even though I haven't totally embraced the whole peplum trend,
I do love how this soft ruffle ends in a peplum.

F3152 - Another dress where I love the draping shoulder detail.

F3165 - The neckline cut outs are interesting, and I love the way seam goes into the skirt hem.

F3157 - I love the skirt pleating and ruffle details.  And the lace top is pretty cute too.

F3029 - This collar detail seems to be showing up in more and more patterns of late.

F3095 - The tie front is an interesting idea, and wouldn't
be too hard to add to an existing blouse pattern.

F3117 - I am not usually one to go around with a bare midrif,
but I do sort of like this top/pants combo.

F3131 - I like this shirt, but it looks similar to a few other pattens I own.
So, what do you all think?  Have you tried a Marfy?  Is it worth the price?  Do you see any favorites in this pattern collection?  And even if you aren't a Marfy fan, are we all ready for some serious spring sewing yet?

4 comments:

  1. I haven't tried Marfy yet, but it's so tempting. Their patterns really have great details. I'm not sure why I haven't taken the plunge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Marfy must have done some kinda deal with BMV. I've been stalking the Marfy website for over a week now, waiting for the new patterns, and they're already up on BMV?
    Trust me - they're worth the extra cost, and they sew up beautifully. I haven't had a bad experience yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried these but they always look so elegant and contemporary..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Marfy Patterns Great selections from the new collection! I also Like Vogue Patterns. View to see some of my creations.
    www.furlongfashion.com

    ReplyDelete