Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Newsflash: December Burda Early Preview Posted

The German Burda website has the December preview pictures up.  And you guys - I am excited.  I haven't seen a standout "wow" but I have seen a lot of things I like.  Here are the preview pics:

I want to see the line drawing, but I like this coat!

I think this is similar to the one above, but with fewer details?
I like the use of pattern on the collar.

Ooooh.  I like the pants and the top!

I think this dress is also quite pretty.
(Also - note the sun and flowers.  Yeah, it looks like a California Christmas.)

Not sure how I feel about this one.
Maybe it is just the cheap-y looking overlay I don't care for?

I like this!  Looks like lots of nice seam lines for fitting.
Hmmm - I think this looks like the under dress for the green dress above?

This jacket is nice.  I like the collar and pockets.

Skirt could be interesting?  I want to see the line drawing on this.
The Burda Plus section looks like it is going to be fabulous:

Not sure about the shawl wrap, but the dress is lovely.

Nice classy jacket/skirt combo.

Difficult to tell with the glare,
but this dress looks like it could be quite pretty as well.
 Only a few things stood out as being a bit questionable:

This dress might be ok?
It is just all the crazy lines in the photo are bothering my eyes.

This peplum looks so tacked on, almost like a mini apron.
Are those pinecone appliques?  Is the pinecone peplum trying to take
the place of the traditional crazy holiday sweater?
So, what do you all think?  Do you see anything you like?  Are you excited for December?  Or do you want to hold out for the line drawings?  Let me know in the comments!

3 comments:

  1. I will wait for the line drawings to come out.. I've had experiences with their previews before where it's all OMG I'll make it and then the magazine arrives and the thing I want to sew is some RTW used to model a burda make XD Thanks for posting these btw-I really look forward to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I agree with you on the likes and dislikes and yes, I think I´ll wait for the line drawings. 11 moths Burda free, and I still can manage with the ones from previous years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a fun issue of Burda. Lately, the issues have been mostly duds so this one looks a lot better.

    ReplyDelete