Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Newsflash: January Burda Early Preview Posted

Hard to believe we haven't even hit Thanksgiving yet here in the states, and we are already getting a glimpse of Burda's first issue for next year.  (I know, I know, technically it comes out mid-December, but, still, first issue of 2015).  January is usually the issue of crazy carnival get-ups and what can sometimes feel like a hodge-podge of leftover winter designs.  I'm not quite sure what I'm feeling after seeing the early preview this month - lots of coats and winter-wear, quite a few maternity looks, but no carnival preview?  Hmmmm...

Love the graphic black/white and classic lines on this coat.

This ruffly dress might be a bit sweet for me.

The the drape really that long?
It's dramatic, but not entirely practical.
Otherwise really loving that top.  The shorts are ok too.

Hmmm, not sure how I'm feeling about the bulky poncho thing,
but I'm intrigued by the skirt.

70s-ified ruffle dress.  Still not totally loving this look.

This jacket/leggings combo is interesting.  Not sure I'm
in love with the color combo/fabric choices, but I am
intrigued by the style lines.

Blouse/leggings.  Not overly exciting, but very practical.

I want a close-up on the jacket!  So hard to see details here.

Are those... fringe shorts?
Now I'm... sort of obsessing over fringe shorts.

Awkward hand placement to indicate that, yes! this is a maternity dress.
Actually, without the sleeve ruffles, the top might not be too bad...

Color choice is just a little too close to hospital gown.

Ok, this seems cute, practical, and simple to make.

Simple asymmetric tunic top.
Might look cute layered under a cropped moto-jacket.

Fabulously dramatic winter coat.  Are there sequin appliques on there?
I'm loving all of the Burda coats with embellishment lately.

One word: marshmallow. 
No carnival costumes?  But, but but... I want to see the crazy!  P-an-da posted some additional photos up on her blog (have to admit, I'm way more excited about this issue after seeing some of those images), but no carnival costumes there either.  Well, except for the back-of-the-magazine preview image at the very end - we see a child dressed as a box of french fries.  Hmmm.  Hmmmm.  Does this mean the crazy-sauce costumes are only for kids this year?  I hope not.  Not that I've ever actually sewn a Burda costume (yet... pretty sure it's coming one of these days), but the carnival section is just one of those things that starts the year off right.  I mean, I'm happy to see them having a maternity section and all, BUT it would be a little sad if it is a trade-off for the crazy carnival looks we normally get.  I suppose time will tell.  Anyway, what do you all think?  See anything that has you drooling?  Or does this issue look like a total snooze?  Would you be sad if we didn't get a bunch of crazy carnival looks?  Feel free to discuss in the comments!

5 comments:

  1. I feel like I can't keep up! I think I need to see the line drawings on these, first look suggests a few interesting things and a lot of marshmallows and rectangles. I'm sure the crazy carnival stuff will be there don't worry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I feel! I have so many projects I want to do, and yet so little sewing has been actually happening over the past month. Sigh. Must figure out how to get more sewing time in my day.

      Delete
  2. I also need to see the line drawings before I can say something. I find that some of the pictures/clothes are in such a way that you can`t really say what it is of how it is or something :). I think those carnival costumes will come for sure :) and if I see that last picture on Panda I see that there is another theme "let`s party" maybe there will be also some good patterns :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's looking like another good issue. I wouldn't weep for the carnival costumes if they were skipped this year but I bet they're in there somewhere. Although I do love the octopus costume they did in not too distant past.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That last plus size jacket. Good grief Burda...

    ReplyDelete