Friday, March 8, 2013

Sewing with Cats

Ok, I know there are a lot of seamstresses out there with "helpers" of the feline variety.  Sadly, due to allergies and other things, I don't think I will ever be one of those seamstresses.  Though baring the allergy issue I really think I would be something of a "cat person."  Regardless, during my recent teal blazer photo shoot the neighborhood cat decided it was going to make the front yard its new favorite place to nap.  And when I am tracing pattern at the kitchen table she likes to stare at me through the window.  The cat has a collar, but I haven't been able to get close enough to find a name, so for right now I am going to call her "Burda."

My new BFF, Burda.
Burda thinks taking pictures is boring...
Burda decided it wanted to follow me around for a while...
Time for Burda to go home...

Ok, so maybe it isn't exactly "sewing" with cats, but since Burda likes to hang around when the camera is out for sewing photo shoots it is kind of like having a sewing assistant.  Sort of.  Only I don't have to feed it.

4 comments:

  1. Bittersweet... lol I sometimes convince myself that we should get a cat, but to be honest I don't know where I would put a litter box in my tiny apartment. Maybe when I get a house. Also, it will be like having another kid ( slight exaggeration) and I have twins to take care of already. It's expensive enough to travel with the kids without adding a pet =( Loved the post, and Burda looks like a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah sweet. I don't know what I would do if I were allergic. I HAVE to have cats. Burda is lovely - great name. Maybe you should tell your neighbour to rename it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, Burda is very cute. You might get lucky one day and grow out of your allergies. I was allergic to cats all through my childhood (only discovered after my cat died when I was about ten years old and my constant "colds" went away). Was tested and, yep, allergic to cats (among many other things). When I was in my 20s I had a boyfriend whose landlord had cats and it took me a while to realise that it didn't matter how much time I spent at his house - my old allergy never flared up. I have been owned by cats ever since :). I still get the occasional sniffle, but never the streaming eyes/nose that I used to get constantly - although dogs still have that effect on me. Luckily I have always been a "cat person" and so is DH so my allergy to dogs has never been a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! I'm not a cat person (partially due to allergies), but I'm definitely a dog person. I can't have one at our rental, so I just coo over stranger's animals!

    Burda is such a brilliant name for "your" cat :-)

    ReplyDelete