Friday, January 3, 2014

A Little Gift Sewing

So I wasn't planning on sewing any gifts this year.  But then I went to the fabric store to get some materials for upcoming skating projects.  And then I walked through the flat folds bargain section.  And then I saw Green Lantern.  And then, next think I knew, there were pillowcases.

Green Lantern pillowcases!

I would like to say it was for a small child.
But this is actually Step 1 of my Evil Plan
to destroy my friend's love life ;-)
So, maybe he isn't getting any girls to stay over...
But look how tidy the insides are!
French seams baby...

If you are interested in making your own pillow cases, you can follow this excellent tutorial for yourself:


What I really like about this tutorial - it is well done, and the pillow case is easy to make, and there are no exposed seams!  Everything is neat and tidy, and it fits on a standard sized pillow.  Oh, and you can make it in less than an hour.  Honestly, I spent twice as much time at my pressing board as I did at my sewing machine.  I never really had an interest in home dec sewing, but now I sort of want to get cute fabrics for myself and go to town.  Especially cute fabrics I wouldn't ever want to wear.

Home dec sewing.  Who knew?

3 comments:

  1. Cute! And a very effective deterrent to intimacy, or any sort. I'm guessing the poor lad deserves this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if he deserves it, but he definitely needs it ;-)

      Delete
  2. LOL! These are really super cute ~ and thanks for the tut link ... will have to try a couple out ... J

    ReplyDelete