Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Newsflash - Fall Simplicity Patterns

Ok, again, I wasn't going to post, but the new fall Simplicity and New Look patterns have been released here and here.  Not too much of interest really.  Except Simplicity does have a new Kate Middleton engagement knockoff dress pattern - a Project Runway pattern to boot!

Simplicity 2145

Pattern is totally a knockoff.
There are a few new costume patterns (ethnic dance/belly dance type styles) and a retro 60's dress re-issue, as well as an interesting new skirt pattern, but I don't know how much I will be wanting to get any of these.  A recent acquisition of some older BWOF (yes, real BWOF, not BurdaStyle! - post to come later) leaves me feeling very satisfied with my pattern stash at the moment, especially in the skirt department.  Especially since I really don't wear skirts often, or at all.  I may eventually break down and get the new Simplicity costumes because, well, costumes!

As for New Look - snoozefest.  There are a few Project Runway Workroom styles that are ok, but some of them look very similar to recent Burda offerings, or other Big4 patterns I have already stashified, so not really of interest.

So, well, not too much to get excited over, but worthy of an announcement at the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment