Thursday, July 17, 2014

Newsflash: Fall/Winter My Image Announced

The Fall/Winter 2014/2015 issue of My Image Magazine has been released!  And it's good.  So good that I snapped up my own copy after glancing at the line drawing overview.  While My Image doesn't have as many patterns as Burda, it has a nice mix of tops, bottoms, dresses, and jackets, and this issue is no exception.  I'm especially excited by the jackets (but also the skirts and dresses) this time around.  Let's take a look:


So much to love!  I'm excited by almost everything, but especially the jackets.

Really like both of these dresses, but especially the print blocking on the left.
So cute!

Love the jacket on the right!  Although I wasn't impressed by the line drawing of the skirt,
I do really like it on the model.

Another jacket win!  Also enjoying the jeans pattern, and the skirt isn't too bad either.

Love the turtleneck on the right - I've come to really enjoy
wearing them when it gets cold and windy.

This dress isn't too bad either, though I don't know how I feel about the collar.
What I really like about My Image is that all of the designs are so wearable - definitely the sorts of things that could be dressed up for work, or dressed down for a casual weekend, all depending on fabric choices and styling.  I've only made one pattern from My Image so far, but I really should get around to making more of them - especially to create some wardrobe staple type pieces.  So, what do you all think?  Are you as excited by this issue as I am?  Or are we all so dazzled by Vogue and Burda that these offerings seem boring and plain in comparison?  Feel free to discuss in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. I like a lot! I did not know about this magazine, so will now attempt to find it. Could be fun seeing as I live in Australia...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always have to order from their website because you can't buy copies in the US either. I think their purchase/shipping charges are quite reasonable though, and the magazine always shows up in a timely manner (mine show up in the mail about 1-2 weeks after I order them).

      Delete