Friday, July 1, 2011

Triumphant Return

At last, a return to blogging.  I have been super busy the past few weeks, but all is well.  Passed some important written tests, and some important skating tests.  It is good to accomplish something 13 years in the making.  I think I have always been better at setting long term goals than short term ones, but it is a bit odd to get so close or actually reach the goals I set for myself so long ago.  I don't know.  I like working towards a goal, but I don't think I actually react well to having achieved it.  I would always get sad at the end of a school term because it was over, and it was too late to work harder and do better.  So it is with this.  I passed, I did well, I got what I wanted, but, well, now it is over, and I can't do it again and I can't make it better.  And I do have other goals I have set for myself, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and it scares me.  I mean, I am doing what I said I would do, and that gives me satisfaction.  But I also know that some things I wanted to happen won't happen, and it is very difficult to look past that.

Ah, well, this was supposed to be a happy post.  Shows what a long day of travel does to the mind.  Enough of this introspective brooding crap.

In other happy news - it is July!  So I can now post about the dress I made for the wedding, skating costume pictures, and stash accumulation pictures.  I can continue to ramble on about skate dances, and I can finally get back to reading random fun stuff instead of study materials.  Hopefully I can start cranking out some new posts soon.  As for now, it is time for a well deserved night's rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment