Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Completion Satisfaction

As may or may not have been obvious by all of the old sewing project posts, I haven't been doing a lot of sewing lately.  Mainly, this is due to the fact that I was at the Nationals in Fort Wayne for a week!  My skating was not so good, but the rest of the trip was awesome.  Rest assured, (drool worthy) sewing related purchases will appear in an upcoming post.  And a return to sewing imminent, as there won't be any skating for me in the near future (tear) as everyone is still at adult nationals in Fort Wayne.

As for what happened while I was gone?  Well, this showed up in the post at home:

A fancy box with a shiny medal!
After regionals I was not in a super positive mood, despite doing well and passing my test, mainly due to other issues going on that sort of detracted from the fun parts of skating.  The issues still aren't quite resolved, but should be by the end of the month.  In any case, with a little time and perspective, I am quite happy about the test though.  It feels a little strange, since this is something I have wanted to do since I was about 12 or so.

All of the Circle Figure test pins - #1-11.
I took the first three tests when I was twelve and have been working up ever since.  It has been a long time in coming.  I finally passed the two tests before the gold medal in March, so I really only had three months to prepare for the big test.

Gold tests - 10 and 11.  I worked longer and harder for these than the gold medal.
Of course, when people ask how long I trained for the gold medal I say 13 years.  Because, really, it all starts at the foundation.  In any case, now I have all of the test pins and my medal (it is even engraved with my name and the year on the back) for figures and I can look ahead to other goals, both in skating and elsewhere in life.

Complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment