Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Newsflash: January Burda Early Preview Posted

Hard to believe that we aren't even in December yet, but already the first preview of the 2013 Burda collection is up!  And... well... ummm... yeah.  Color me not impressed.  This time around it looks like we have...

Dresses that just aren't as cool as December:

This dress is ok, but not spectacular.

This sort of looks like the vintage boucle dress, but not as pretty.
Repetitive outerwear:

How many times have I seen this pattern now?

Not another yeti vest!
Slouchy lazywear:

Yawn.

Ok, to be fair these actually ARE the sorts of things I would wear around the house.
So I suppose I can't complain too loudly.
But they still aren't all that exciting either.
And, finally, everyone's favorite section of the ENTIRE YEAR - the Burda January costume collection!

*Giggle snort*

Doesn't the music from Fantasia just start playing in your head?

YOU GUYS IT'S THE VERY HUNGRY CATERPILLAR!
Yeah, ok, so maybe I am just a little bit too excited by that last one...  Also, where did they find that many shades of green tights?  (And now I start humming the Men in Tights song... yeah).  So, erm, yeah.  So far I am not seeing anything super impressive.  Also, am I the only one who noticed that the previews seem to be getting shorter and shorter?  Anyway, at this point I am hoping that the January issue will be like December and completely reverse my opinion once the full preview comes out, but I am not counting on it.  Oh well.  That's ok.  I have a backlog of stuff I need to sew up anyway...

*********************************************************************************

Also, just to let my readers know - no I haven't died, but no I also haven't been sewing at all either.  Probably won't be getting much sewing done until mid-December, at the earliest.  So fear not if I seem to disappear for a while - I am not abandoning the blog.  Just dealing with real life.  I will try to post if any interesting sewing news pops up though.  In the meantime I am trying to keep up with blog reading, but I haven't been posting very many comments.  I have been seeing some really fabulous stuff being sewn up recently though - I am having some serious sewing envy over here!

4 comments:

  1. Nothing grabbed me in that lot either! I'll be waiting for 2013 for inspiration as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The costumes are nothing short of craptacular! That mushroom - I've got the Super Mario Bros music playing in my head now. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. That caterpillar costume is re-donk-ulous. Totally bizarre!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing in the January issue for me. That caterpillar costume is just...beyond words. I started a thought: "what happens when...", and decided I should just leave it right there.

    I'm sorry there will be a rationing of posts for a while, Miss Sedai. Good luck with your real life adventures.

    ReplyDelete