Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Unexpected Pre-Nationals Fabric Acquisitions

Ok, so I went to the Joann's in the few days before nationals to get some serger thread.  I also got:

Navy cotton twill, denim, and blue/gold brocade.
The twill was bought with the idea of being used right away, but the others were red tag purchases that couldn't be passed up.  ($3 brocade?  Yes please!)

Oh, and in a somewhat unrelated fashion I also got some of this:

Family Tartan
While my sister was visiting Scotland, she bought some fabric in the family tartan (well, family a few generations back, but still).  I have 2 meters to use as I see fit, though I think she might be expecting a skirt for herself.  In any case, I now have foreign fabric and it is exciting!

I do have other European sewing related gifts to show off to you guys, but haven't had time to properly document them yet.  With any luck there will be a bunch of catch-up posts after nationals.

2 comments:

  1. Your tartan is not one I am familiar with, if you don't mind me asking, what is the clan or family name. I like it, it has a more modern look than most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, it would be hard to say no to $3 brocade indeed!

    ReplyDelete