Thursday, September 26, 2013

2013 Figure Dress #1 - Teal Lace

I have been a bit slow in posting the skating costumes I made for competition this year because I was waiting for some of the good professional photos to come.  I don't have a lot of good photos of this particular dress because I only wore it at regionals, and the lighting was terrible.  I wasn't particularly thrilled by it, so I made a different dress for nationals (and I am glad I did - the new one is probably one of my favorite dresses ever; also at least three other girls were wearing the same lace - though in different colors - in my event at nationals).  Originally I had lace sleeves as well, but I felt like it had a sort of matronly look about it.  It looks more youthful without the sleeves, but it also looks a bit bare.  I tried to do a gradient effect with the rhinestones - I used darker stones at the top and lighter stones at the bottom - but the lighting was so bad the effect was lost when I actually wore it for competition.  All in all it didn't end up being one of my favorite dresses, but I expect I can still use it for tests or practices at regionals and nationals next year.

My aqua lace figure dress.
The back of the dress - very open back.
I will post my other two dresses in the upcoming days - next will be my very sparkly dance dress, and I will save my nationals figure dress (my favorite) for last.

No comments:

Post a Comment